Changing diapers in the middle of the night is the WORST. Okay, so maybe colic is the worst, but you get my point.
Not only are you doing it in a blurry haze with one eye open, but you are desperately trying to keep your baby asleep at the same time.
One wrong move and you might be up for two hours.
Fortunately for all of us, I picked up a tip from seasoned mothers. It is currently saving me hours of sleep and at least one set of piss-soaked pajamas right now.
This post contains an affiliate link. My disclosure policy is super anticlimactic, but feel free to read it here.
Here’s the hack:
- Buy diapers one size larger than baby wears
- Place them snugly enough on baby so that the leg holes seal. This is very important.
- Cover bum, crevices, and everything in between with a thick layer of diaper ointment. A&D ointment works amazingly.
And wala! No more wet diapers to change at night, and no baby rash.
Enjoy your extra sleep, and change baby’s diaper in the morning as usual.
Pay it forward by sharing this with another sleep deprived mom.
- Only works with disposable diapers (to my knowledge)
- Only do this for wet diapers. You should always change a poop. But I didn’t need to tell you that.